- comprises five partner universities: Tampere University, University of Helsinki, University of the Arts Helsinki – Sibelius Academy and University of Vaasa, plus a University of Turku research group
- is the base for 25 research groups;
- brings together a scientific community of a hundred experts;
- hosts 20 researchers at the Researchers’ Residence;
- educates 2300 students per year;
- has contributed to 250 Master’s degrees in the region of South Ostrobothnia;
- has received an annual funding of € 6 million.